Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
The NRC invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 354, “Data Report on Spouse.”
2. Current OMB approval number: OMB 3150-0026.
3. How often the collection is required: On Occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: NRC contractors, licensees, applicants, and other (e.g. intervenor's) who marry or cohabitate after completing the Personnel Security Forms, or after having been granted an NRC access authorization or employment clearance.
5. The number of annual respondents:80.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request:16 hours.
7. Abstract: NRC Form 354 must be completed by NRC contractors, licensees, applicants who marry or cohabitate after completing the Personnel Security Forms, or after having been granted an NRC access authorization or employment clearance. Form 354 identifies the respondent, the marriage, and data on the spouse and spouse's parents. This information permits the NRC to make initial security determinations and to assure there is no increased risk to the common defense and security.
Submit, by August 5, 2011, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC Web site:http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html.
The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2011-0099. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods:
Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2011-0099. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001. Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by e-mail to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 27th day of May, 2011.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.Tremaine Donnell, NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.