Information Collection; Submission for OMB Review, Comment Request
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a publicinformation collection request (ICR) entitled National Service Trust Interest Payment Form for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Bruce Kellogg, at (202) 606-6954 or e-mail to email@example.com. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in the Federal Register:
(1)By fax to:(202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
• Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
• Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
• Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
• Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on May 5, 2011. This comment period ended July 6, 2011. No public comments were received from this Notice.
Description: The Corporation is seeking approval of the Interest Payment Form which is used by AmeriCorps members to request interest payments, by schools and lenders to verify eligibility for the payments, and by both parties to verify certain legal requirements.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: National Service Trust Interest Payment Form.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Individuals who have successfully completed a term of national service who wish to request payment of interest accruing on qualified student loans during the member's term of service in AmeriCorps.
Total Respondents:4,000 responses annually.
Frequency: Some members do not have qualified student loans while others have several. Currently, about two-thirds of the interest payments are processed electronically. The Corporation expects the use of paper forms to continue to decrease.
Average Time per Response:10 minutes for member and institution.
Estimated Total Burden Hours:667 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Dated: July 11, 2011. Maggie Taylor-Coates, Chief, Trust Operations Branch.